Laser tag is a fun experience that’s like a mini adventure. The battle-like setup, laser guns, and dark atmosphere add to the thrill of this game. If you haven’t played laser tag yet, then you are seriously missing out.
Today’s post is dedicated to those newcomers who want to break the ice. Here’s the ultimate guide for all the newbies of this cool game to get ‘laser tag ready’ and maximize your chances of winning.
Basics of the Game
Laser tag is played in groups or teams in a laser tag arena. Before stepping into the arena, its necessary to know the basics of the game. Therefore, a short instructional video is given to brief the players about the game. All the players are divided into two teams of one or more people and each team is assigned a starting point at opposite ends of the arena. You have to wear vests and carry guns to play the game. The aim of the game is to ‘tag’ (emit infrared rays from the gun targeting vests battle.
Rules of the Game
The rules of a laser tag match are explained during the pre-game briefing. However, there are some general guidelines that should be followed by the players just like the rules. Some of those rules are-
- Players are not allowed to leave the boundaries of the play area,
- Players should not cover the gun sensors with their hands,
- Players should maintain a distance of at least 5 feet from each other so that they don’t run into each other and an eliminated player has to inform his/her teammates by putting his/her hands and gun in the air while shouting ‘I am out!’
Strategies to Win the Game
Every game has some unwritten strategies that help in winning the game. It differs from person to person but there are certain tactics that work in all cases. Here are some of them to help make the most of your laser tag experience.
- Wear dark clothing without patterns or bright colours because the playing area is dark. If you wear bright clothing, then your opponent can spot you easily. Dark-coloured clothing increases your chances of hiding from opposite team members and not being hit.
- Always be attentive to spot where your opponents and teammates are.
- Work on your aiming as it hard to learn good aim in laser tag. Shoot from a number of positions such as running, kneeling and laying down and start by pointing the gun at the ground and then raise it to shoot quickly.
- Don’t go too close to your teammates so that the opponents can’t shoot you all together in one go.
- Look for a good place to hide which can also be used to attack your enemies without being hit.
Your first game might not be as good as you expect it to be, but don’t worry! You can improve with practice. Follow this guide before you step into the laser tag facility and feel confident that you’re not new to this game (at least theoretically). All the best!